Graduate Project Center
Graduate Project eLigibility?
S-TESL students who meet these requirements are eligible to submit a graduate project:
- hHad at least a bachelor’s degree prior to the start date of the course
- earned at least a B grade in your course (B- and lower grades are not eligible).
- [SU student] submitted the Graduate Credit Request Form on first day of class (You should still have the goldenrod copy of this form)
- [SPU student] submitted the online Graduate Credit Request Form (for evening/online)(for four week intensive) by the stated form deadline.
There are no exceptions to these requirements
The due date is always at midnight PST one month from the last day of your class, even if the due date follows on an weekend or holiday. For example, if the class ends Nov 25, the project is due by midnight on Dec 25.
What you need to submit
You will be submitting 3-4 components
- Document #1. Your graduate project assignment as a single PDF document. Please do not break your project into multiple smaller documents because you will only be able to upload 1 document.
The file name must contain your name, course number, and quarter studied. The course number for four week intensive is 4wk. (e.g.. janesmith_930_F11.pdf or bobstudent_4wk_Sp12)
- Document #2. Your reflection sheet as a single PDF format. This is a two page form, but it needs to be in one document. [click for reflection sheet options]
The file name must contain the initials RS (for reflection sheet), your name, course number and quarter studied. The course number for four week intensive is 4wk. (e.g. RS_janesmith_930_F11.pdf or or RS_bobstudent_4wk_Sp12)
- Document #3 (optional): Additional supplemental material as may be required by your project assignment.
- Payment by Paypal
Maximum file size for uploaded documents is 10Mb.
Technical Details About Your Project Documents
- Only PDF’s are acceptable. We cannot accept your project in any format other than PDF. If you need assistance with converting your project file to PDF check out YouTube. (example tutorial: YouTube). You can find many helpful tutorials on how to create PDF documents.
- If you need to know how to change your file name to the accepted format helpful tutorials can be found on YouTube. (examples, PC or Mac )
- The file size limit is 10Mb. If your project document exceeds 10Mb it is usually because your document contains too many images, or contains large or high resolution images. No S-TESL graduate project requires such high quality images or so many graphics that you cannot meet this 10MB file size limit. You can reduce the quantity and/or quality of the images to reduce the file size.
PaymentPayment is by Paypal only. You do not need a Paypal account to submit payment via Paypal. Paypal allows you to pay quickly and securely.
Important tips before you begin
- Test your login right away. You don't need to upload anything at first, but you want to make sure you can access the system. If there is a problem we'll need time to solve it.
- Do not wait until 11:45 pm on due date to upload your project. If a technical problem arises you'll need time to solve it before your deadline.
Ready to submit your project?
Gather your login information...
[SU] Your goldenrod copy of your Graduate Status for Course Request form has your login information attached. You completed this form on your first day of class and your instructor will have given you a goldenrod copy.
[SPU] Your login information was emailed to you with the subject line IMPORTANT Access to the Graduate Project Upload Center
If you have lost your email or goldenrod you may be able to decipher your login informaiton with the following information.
[old] your full name, lower-case, no spaces
[e.g. John Robert Smith's login = johnrobertsmith]
If you are taking more than one class a number will be added to your second class [ie. 1st class = johnrobertsmith, 2nd class = johnrobertsmith2]
[new] your last name + course number [e.g. John Robert Smith's in ELT 5530's login = smith5530]
Note: special characters like dashes or apostrophes are eliminted. [O'Malley is written as omalley, Ege-Zavala is written as egezavala]
[old] Course number and quarter and year studied (abbreviated), lower-case, no spaces
[e.g. ELT 5530 in Spring 2013 password = 5530sp13, or Four Week Int = 4wksp11]
Quarter abbreviations :
Winter = wi
Spring = sp
Summer = su
Fall = fa
[new] Your project due date in ddmmmyy format [e.g. 17oct13]
...and continue to the graduate project upload center.
If you can't find an answer in the FAQs below, or are experiencing problems with the Graduate Project Uplaod Center, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: Technical support is for problems regarding the Graduate Project Upload Center only.
Technical support cannot assist with problems with document creation (creating PDFs, using your word processing softare [formatting, etc..] or image editing & compression).
Consult the many resources on the web, or your software manufacturer's website for assistance with software issues.
Graduate Project assistance is available
M-Th 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Fri 9:00 am - 2:30 pm
Closed noon - 1pm and occasional Fridays for graduation.
click question to display answer.
- Your second upload shouldn't occur more than 24 hours after your first upload. If you need to correct an error more than 24 hours after the first upload contact email@example.com for assistance.
- Your second upload must still occur before your project due date. You will not be able to reupload if your due date has passed.
To request an extension login to the graduate upload center. If you are eligible for an extension a link will appear at the top of the upload screen. Click the link and follow the steps to request your extension. Note: your extension request must be submitted before your original due date.
Do not call the office to request an extension, no verbal requests will be granted.
Seattle Pacific University graduate students are cautioned that requesting an extension may affect your program graduation date.
IMPORTANT: Beginning Spring Quarter 2013, Seattle University students CANNOT request extensions. Projects must be completed by the original due date.
Another common problem with upload time-outs is browser incompatibility. Opera, Chrome and older versions of browser may not work, or experience time-out issues. The upload system works best in new versions of Intenet Explorer or Firefox.
If you are a Seattle Pacific University ELT student, your login information was emailed to you.
If you don't have this information on hand see above in the Ready to Proceed section for clues on how to determine your login information.
- Are due in the STESL office three weeks from notification.
- Require an additional $50 rewrite fee.
- Have a firm due date. Extension requests for re-writes will be denied.