Is Financial Aid Available?
Financial aid for S-TESL courses is only available to students currently enrolled in a graduate program at Seattle University. Contact program coordinator, Kim Darcy, at firstname.lastname@example.org for information on using SU financial aid.
Does S-TESL offer scholarships?
The School of Teaching ESL does not offer scholarships.
How can I fund my studies at S-TESL?
Student can use the following sources to pay their S-TESL tuition:
- Americorps or VISTA Education Award - For those who've completed their Americorps service.
- Vocational Rehabilitation (Worksource) - A Washington employment re-training program. The School of Teaching ESL is a WA State Eligible Training Provider (ETP). Funding approval must be obtained from your local Worksource office prior to contacting the School of Teaching ESL.
- Guaranteed Education Tuition Program (GET) - A Washington State prepaid college tuition program (529). While we're not yet able to accept funding directly from GET, students are able to apply for reimbursement from GET for credits earned at S-TESL.
Educator Retooling Scholarship offered by the Professional Educator Standards Board.
This scholarship is available to educators seeking to add an ELL Endorsement to their WA State Teaching Certificate.
For the year ending June 2011, PESB will award up to $3,000 toward an ELL Endorsement assuming the following conditions are met:
- Endorsement program is completed within 2 years.
- Candidate teaches for at least 2 years in the endorsement area once the program has been completed.
Candidates must submit an application to PESB, which includes a Plan of Study developed by the School of TESL Director.
Scholarships take 6-8 weeks to process and are available until funds run out. Visit the PESB website for more information.
- An Employer continuing education program (e.g., Boeing's Learning Together program) - Check with your HR or Staff development office.
Contact program coordinator, Kim Darcy, at email@example.com, for assistance with the above funding sources.